Brief Update

I haven't posted in a while so here is a brief overview:

My lupus is definitely active now. The funny thing is sometimes when the lupus is active I feel fine for the most part. And other times when the doctors tell me it's not active I feel like a Mack truck has hit me. Go figure.

I get what I call "phantom injuries." When sores pop up on their own. I'll have people ask me "How did you do that?" and when I tell them I don't know, they look at me like I'm a clumsy idiot. Trying to explain to they I have lupus and what that means is to much trouble to do so often, so clumsy idiot it is.

I've also developed a lot of rashes all over my legs and some on my face, which really bites. The worst part about it is they itch like crazy. I'm sure I would have scratched my leg raw if it wasn't for the fact that have fake nails on right now. The one on my face doesn't itch but it looks hideous and I detest it. I try to cover it the best I can with my bangs. It's really not that bad, but I hate having to compensate or make due all the time.

I have an eye doctors appointment about a week from now. He's going to do an evaluation and decide if I'm eligible to do the surgery. Or really rather or not he will do it. I have no clue how that's going to go and I'm surprised I'm not that worried about it. I've almost made peace with the lose of my sight in my left eye. I never thought I would. My journey has not ended yet though.

Well, that was a brief update. As brief as I can be anyway. Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

Unknown January 23, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Hi Lupus Lady - Nia,
I feel sorry for you,, you have written a good story...
Thanks for sharing....Jewish Rehabilitation Center

Unknown September 27, 2011 at 2:23 AM  

Perfect piece of work you have done, this blog is really cool with great information. I really admire your efforts.

find doctor

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Hi, Nia here. A little about me. I'm an elementary teacher living and teaching in Texas. I love all things creative. One of my favorite things to do is write, so I write. I also love to draw and illustrate. Blogging intrigues me and I have fun at it. I wanted to do something related to my profession but also include my hobbies. I hope you get enjoyment or usefulness from my blogs. Thanks for checking out my blog!

BlogCatalog

BlogCatalog

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory