Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can affect various parts of the body, including the skin, joints, heart, lungs, blood, kidneys and brain. In an autoimmune disorder like lupus, the immune system cannot tell the difference between foreign substances and its own cells.
There are four types of lupus: discoid, systemic, drug-induced and neonatal lupus. I have been diagnosed with Systemic Lupus. This type lupus is usually more severe and can affect almost any organ of the body. So far the main issues that I have to deal with are Arthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon and fatigue. Lupus also attacked my left eye and left me mostly blind in it. I struggle with the symptoms from day to day. Some days are better than others. But I keep on keeping on.

0 comments:

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Hi, Nia here. A little about me. I'm an elementary teacher living and teaching in Texas. I love all things creative. One of my favorite things to do is write, so I write. I also love to draw and illustrate. Blogging intrigues me and I have fun at it. I wanted to do something related to my profession but also include my hobbies. I hope you get enjoyment or usefulness from my blogs. Thanks for checking out my blog!

BlogCatalog

BlogCatalog

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory